Some important facts for you to know about Bamboo products:
· bamboo grows 9 times faster than wood
· in fact, is one of the fastest-growing plants!
· it doesn’t need to be planted again, as it’s harvested without cutting the roots
· bamboo flooring has greater durability, hardness, and water and sunlight resistance than hardwood
· a grove of bamboo release 35% more oxygen than an equivalent stand of trees
Also, Bamboo is CO2 negative! (And this is including the energy expenditure on manufacturing and shipping)
According to a INBAR study using Life-Cycle Assessment and carbon footprint calculations to analyse the environmental impact of industrial bamboo products that are manufactured by the company MOSO International, the conclusion is that almost all industrial bamboo products are CO2 negative. (The credits for bioenergy production during the end-of-life and carbon sequestration due to land change outweigh the emissions during production and shipping.)